Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Systems Engineer Job opening at the Cubo Systems International (Pvt) Ltd
An exciting opportunity to explore the world towards successful career growth!
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure, and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
• Install. configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
• Hold a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux /Windows-based environments.
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat. JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX}.
• Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g VMware. Virtual Box).
• Experience with monitoring systems
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts. Perl. Ruby, Python}
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)