Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Senior Systems Engineer – Azure (Cloud Service Center) Job Opening at IFS.
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
The Senior Systems Engineer – Azure role exists within the global Cloud Operations organization. The role forms part of a shift team, which reports into a Cloud Services manager who is responsible for the operational and people management aspects of that shift. The shifts together form the Cloud Service Centre team who provides 24x7x365 operations support to the IFS customer base across all IFS cloud services.
The role handles multiple aspects of incident, service request, problem, and change management. Working with multiple internal and external stakeholders related to our supported services. Although not a role with people management duties, the selected individual will be a senior part of the organization and so will provide mentoring and examples of good practice to the more junior members of the team.
- Work as part of a dynamic, cross functional team working to rapidly resolve complex and major incidents across the enterprise compute estate
- Create and update high quality, readable documentation to address known issues, workarounds and service requests
- Perform in depth root cause analysis and provide meaningful feedback, including full stack tracing, to ensure issues of the same class cannot recur in production
- Support the problem management team in performing post mortems, producing incident timelines and identifying corrective actions.
- Perform and support the implementation of corrective actions from the problem management process
- Resolve non-standard requests
- Provide ongoing feedback to improve the service request process
- Support the change management and supplier process across the service
- Action operational items
- Work with other Service Center functions to define and produce various internal and customer reports on a recurring and ad-hoc basis
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Security along with 3+ years’ experience in an enterprise platform, software engineering or SRE role
- Experience of 24×7 service delivery in an SLA/KPI driven environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Azure Cloud and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge in concepts such as networking and server administration best practices
- Azure Certifications
- A minimum of 3 years of Azure service administration and operations
- Hands-on experience administering Azure, along with a strong understanding of core Azure services, Azure workloads, security, and governance
- Experience with security on Azure, for example, sentinel, Azure Security Center, Azure Defender, Cloud Security or container security best practices
- Basic Windows and Linux server administration knowledge
- Basic Powershell, Azure CLI and/or Bash scripting knowledge
- Some experience with monitoring and logging tooling, such as Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic
- The following are value add skills if available
*Microsoft SQL Server administration
*Weblogic Server administration
*Oracle database administration
*Usage of ITSM tools in a service desk environment
- ITIL qualifications, at foundation or higher levels
- Windows Server MCP or Red Hat RHCE groups of qualifications
- Microsoft Azure certifications
- CompTIA group of qualifications
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.