Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Graphic Designer Job Opening at CPDAP.
The Colombo Plan for Cooperative Economic and Social Development in Asia and Pacific, which has its headquarters in Colombo, Sri Lanka, is an inter-governmental organization with a membership of 28 countries in the Asia-Pacific and South America regions. CP is based on the partnership concept for selfhelp and mutual help in the development process with the focal areas being, human resource development and south-south cooperation. One of CP’s permanent programmes is the Drug Advisory Programme (OAP) who spearheaded drug demand and supply reduction solutions in the region since its inception in 1973. As part of DAP’s mandate to identify challenges, opportunities, priorities and needs at sub-regional and global levels, stakeholders and focal point meetings are held regularly. This helps OAP establish and maintain constructive working relationships with its implementing partners including NGOs, government representatives, donors and other stakeholders.
Applications are invited from qualified and experienced local personnel for the above post based in Colombo, which meets the required criteria: This is a local hire position contingent upon donor funding.
PURPOSE: The Graphic Designer will work as a part of the OAP and will produce mainly manuals and artwork/designs, layout for digital banners, posters, exhibition graphics, booklets, brochures, and publications.
Job Duties/Main Responsibilities
- Be responsible for design, layout, pre-press production of all OAP related manuals, publications and information materials.
- Be responsible for the quality and final print of all OAP publications.
- Obtaining appropriate materials, articles, photographs and illustrations for all publications of OAP.
- Obtaining quotations for printing services required by the Division.
- Be responsible for all OAP publications and printed stock.
- Prepare computer-generated artwork, documents, charts, graphs and PowerPoint presentations whenever necessary.
- Manage and maintain graphic files, including logos, photos as well as sponsor logos and photos relevant to CPDAP programmes.
- Maintain all filing related to the position.
- Assist the IT department in providing project/programme related information (reports, application forms and photos etc.) to update the Colombo Plan website.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having twoway communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
English is the working language of the Colombo Plan Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English, i.e. oral and written proficiency, is required.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the design of a variety of graphically-appealing print materials, such as manuals, meeting agendas, schedules, written reports, and financial reports
- Expertise in using all innovative graphic design tools and programs to create outstanding materials, such as InDesign, Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to work in both apple Macintosh Platform and windows
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, within short time constraints, and during times of rapidly developing events
- Ability to work long hours and sometimes work during the weekends.
- Ability to thrive in a non-face-to-face working environment and to occasionally operate on a schedule that is outside normal Sri Lankan business hours (i.e., Eastern Standard Time)
- Proficient at basic office computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A minimum of three years in the similar capacity
Applications (CV and Cover letter, which clearly mention the title) should be sent via email on or before 09 December 2021 to [email protected]
The email title should clearly mention: GRAPHIC DESIGNER (CPDAP)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.