Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Database Administrator Job opening at the Global Market Technologies (Pvt) Limited
You will provide enterprise support for PostgreSQL applications supporting thousands of users. Maintain a highly available system supporting the PostgreSQL database spanning multiple data centers. Work with business owners, developers, and other groups to design strong reliable solutions
- 4-5 years’ experience in EDB PostgreSQL DB architecture, SQL scripting, load testing, and DevOps methodology is an added advantage
- Experience in administering a multi-user environment with expertise in planning, designing, building, and implementing database systems
- Experience in installing and configuring the PostgreSQL Monitoring tools,
- Experience in managing PostgreSQL in cloud services such as AWS ·
- Experience in Oracle to PostgreSQL database migration using tools
- Experience in Operating Systems: Linux (CentOS 7/8)
- Good knowledge of other databases like Oracle, MYSQL
- Certified EDB PostgreSQL DBA is preferred
- Design and develop logical and physical PostgreSQL database designs from application requirements in a multi-node and multisite environment.
- Monitor and manage database indexes for optimal performance. Query optimization and troubleshooting
- Develop, implement, and maintain database backup and recovery procedures for the processing environments (critical/tier-1 application), and ensures that data integrity, security, and recoverability are built into the DBMS applications
- Proactive in updating the latest security patches to Enterprise PostgreSQL database Configuring log analyzation tools
- Ensuring optimal database performance through exhaustive pro-active testing and ongoing real-time monitoring
- Testing database security and enterprise policy guidelines according to established best practices.
- Closely working with the development team for code migration, performance testing
If you are interested, forward your CV indicating the position you are applying for as the subject of the Email.